Ideal Target ?

Davis B

Expert
Hi Friends,

Was reading up on selling DI insurance. From what i'm reading some find it difficult to sell.

What trade or profession would be the ideal target for this product?
*(i know that surgeons, and medical field would be good. Not sure about CONTRACTORS as was noted from a post above that No Carrier will insure this group---which i find hard to believe but i don't know much about this product).

thanks for Your Constructive input.

~D

There are many markets you can target and yes, even contractors can get DI coverage. Depending on what the contractor is doing will also depend on what type of coverage and which carrier will take them. You are welcome to message me and I can share some ideas with you. Generally physicians and dentists, business owners and white collar professionals are the ones to target. However, just about every occupation can get some type of coverage. For the riskiest occupations you may be looking at Lloyds of London.

Hi Friends,

Was reading up on selling DI insurance. From what i'm reading some find it difficult to sell.

What trade or profession would be the ideal target for this product?
*(i know that surgeons, and medical field would be good. Not sure about CONTRACTORS as was noted from a post above that No Carrier will insure this group---which i find hard to believe but i don't know much about this product).

thanks for Your Constructive input.

~D

Hi Davis,

The best markets for individual DI include the following:

Doctors (they buy DI)

Dentists (They also buy DI, and you can cross sell somebusiness overhead DI insurance)

White collar professionals like executives, attorney, CPAs,architects, etc.

Office workers

Nurses and dental hygienists

Anyone in the medical field is a good sell because they arekeenly aware of how easily someone can be hurt or get ill.

In regard to contractors, there are carriers for allprofessions including contractors. In fact, carriers like Standard, Assurityand Met Life will potentially upgrade a contractor’s occupation class (make therates cheaper) if the client has been successfully self-employed over a numberof years (2-3 depending on the carrier). Hope this helps!

Back