If I Were Your Client, what Would You Recommend?

JimmyUt

Guru
1000 Post Club
Utah
40 yr old male
1)standard to standard plus based on build and extensive immediate family history of cancer
2)looking for a cash value policy, WL or IUL. Max cash accumulation and ability to take policy loans as needed
3) looking to pay $6000 minimum annually with ability to overfund up to the point where it doesn't MEC
4) minimum 20 yr of premiums before any distribution(unless needed, or issues arise)

What would you sell me? I don't need a lot of DB, but rather strictly using this as one means of retirement. I would appreciate your input.

Look at Penn Mutual and Ohio National..they have some great options.

I just purchased Penn Mutual's Flexible Choice WL on my wife and will look at their IUL (I am cool with some risk to the money and she isn't). I would take a look there if I were you.

Penn Mutual whole life set up with the Flexible Protection Rider to blend the policy and max paid-up additions

MassMutual whole life set up the Life Insurance Supplemental Rider (LISR) to blend and max paid-up additions

Lincoln IUL minimum death benefit for guideline premium solve

North American is a tad iffy given his medical background

American General would also be a decent option on the IUL side, as well as Penn Mutual

Guideline funding is the key on the IUL side.

Penn Mutual whole life set up with the Flexible Protection Rider to blend the policy and max paid-up additions

MassMutual whole life set up the Life Insurance Supplemental Rider (LISR) to blend and max paid-up additions

Lincoln IUL minimum death benefit for guideline premium solve

North American is a tad iffy given his medical background

American General would also be a decent option on the IUL side, as well as Penn Mutual

Guideline funding is the key on the IUL side.

This policy is for me and I would be open to splitting it with someone who is better versed in policy setup and design in order to better understand it. I am obviously in Utah. Any recommendations?

I really like Lincoln Benefit's IUL. If you are able to pump money up front, it really performs. I agree with BNTRS minimum death benefit for guideline premium solve. LBL has halfway decent underwriting, so you have a good chance of being written Standard.

Back