Indoor Flea Market Experience

HuntAssuranceGroup

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
After a long long day at the local indoor flea market I have to say I am not sure what I think. Note: i have made a personal committment to attend the market for one month

There was a lot and I mean a lot of foot traffic. I counted over 100 faces in 45 minutes It was crazy And according to the vendors they can get in the tens of thousands range most Sat/Sun Most of the passerby's looked at the small banners and kept walking. I did have 2 people inquire about p&c stuff. Too bad I don't sell p&c but I can refer out.

I have mixed emotions. The rent was $50 for a 12x12 space for both Saturday and Sunday. It's indoors and a large facility. So I figured I would need to sell at least one policy to break even on the whole months rent. But the trick is my time. How do I value that??? As a new independent start up, i partially feel that getting our name out and bringing in leads is the main key for now. So I figured that my worth per hour would be low and increase the longer the business is going. Make sense?

So. What do I need to do to bring more interest to my service/ business at this type of venue?

My thought for tomorrow is to hand out bright postcard with a dum dum attached. Any thoughts?

HuntAssuranceGroup said:
After a long long day at the local indoor flea market I have to say I am not sure what I think. Note: i have made a personal committment to attend the market for one month

There was a lot and I mean a lot of foot traffic. I counted over 100 faces in 45 minutes It was crazy And according to the vendors they can get in the tens of thousands range most Sat/Sun Most of the passerby's looked at the small banners and kept walking. I did have 2 people inquire about p&c stuff. Too bad I don't sell p&c but I can refer out.

I have mixed emotions. The rent was $50 for a 12x12 space for both Saturday and Sunday. It's indoors and a large facility. So I figured I would need to sell at least one policy to break even on the whole months rent. But the trick is my time. How do I value that??? As a new independent start up, i partially feel that getting our name out and bringing in leads is the main key for now. So I figured that my worth per hour would be low and increase the longer the business is going. Make sense?

So. What do I need to do to bring more interest to my service/ business at this type of venue?

My thought for tomorrow is to hand out bright postcard with a dum dum attached. Any thoughts?

Work it the same as a trade show.

You give away a free something that appeals to everyone. You do this with a drawing that they sign up for.

$50 gas card, $50 grocery certificate something along those lines.

In order to enter thy have to fill out your sign up forms. You can print these off easily on a printer.

You want name, address, phone number, and three lines they can check a box on
___ my current life insurance is through my employer
___ I have life insurance through _______________________
___ I have no life insurance

My age ____ Spouse's age _____

You get a square box and wrap it in a solid color gift wray paper. Put a slit in the top and tape your free sweepstakes drawing pitch on the front of it.

By the end of the day, you have 500 leads.

Newby said:

You give away a free something that appeals to everyone. You do this with a drawing that they sign up for.

In order to enter thy have to fill out your sign up forms. You can print these off easily on a printer.

You get a square box and wrap it in a solid color gift wray paper. Put a slit in the top and tape your free sweepstakes drawing pitch on the front of it.

Thanks Newby. I am going to print and wrap box
Tonight. Will keep you posted.

Maybe add check our website/facebook for the winners name.
And also collect their email "for notification purposes". A second prize could be a Final Wishes book.

Great ideas. From today's "people watching" session, I notified a fair amount of children--hence the dum dum idea. Also seniors. The income level is not as high as my normal market but will make good for final expense. Any ideas on text for banners or posters?

I was going to get one that says "we save you money". One with logos of companies I represent. One with lines I rep.

Dont forget to put a place for a phone #... To contact winner when raffle is drawn... :D

Back