Insurance is a Scam

According to NAIC, 2022 was a much improved investment year for P&C carriers, but it was only a 3.7% yield.

Aside from that, I really liked every other item & clarification. I just think consumers & agents need to realize how limited carriers are in investment returns, otherwise agents & consumers expect greatly improved rates when stock market has good years, but too little is invested in equities to move the needle

Allen Trent , Nice of you to present facts and data, but insurance companies are big ol scammers. If they're reporting 3.7%, we know they really have returns of around 37%

Allen Trent , Nice of you to present facts and data, but insurance companies are big ol scammers. If they're reporting 3.7%, we know they really have returns of around 37%

True, I heard they are unregulated & left solely to self regulate & collude & price fix as there is a monopoly

I had a policy for a few months when I was hit by hail. Paid a few hundred dollars in monthly payments. Carrier paid over 30,000 in claims. Seemed like a good deal. Two years late the same thing happened.

I had a policy for a few months when I was hit by hail. Paid a few hundred dollars in monthly payments. Carrier paid over 30,000 in claims. Seemed like a good deal. Two years late the same thing happened.

Premium retriever taking advantage of the insurance company.

May want to slow go buying life insurance based on your history of claims soon after binding coverage

Last edited:
Care to guess how many folks have told me this is why they haven't bought any yet?
You: "Have you had a lot of your insurance pay off?"

Them: "No, it's a ripoff"

You: "What if the insurance is the only thing stopping the loss of your stuff? The government destroys the stuff that's not insured because they're in bed with the insurance companies. How do you feel about life insurance?"

Back