Insurance Questions in Northern VA

namington

Hello, so my insurance from my last employer is ending soon and my new employer does not offer insurance. I just received information on my COBRA plan and that would cost me $8400 a year. If that is my only option then I will have to find a new job. What are my options? And does anyone know how affordable the Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan is?

My pre-existing conditions are: scoliosis, migraines, depression and asthma. For the scoliosis, I had a spinal fusion 10 years ago. I am not being treated for asthma or depression.

You can't get on the PCIP since you have had insurance within the past 6 months.

1. Are you taking any prescriptions related to the spinal fusion (pain medication/narcotics/etc)?
2. What is your zip code?
3. How old are you?

Thanks for replying. I hate worrying about this.

1. I haven't received any medication for it since 2000.
2. 22192.
3. 27.

Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield might consider you with a Level 3 risk class, but those rates would still be far lower than the cost of COBRA. They will cover pre-existing conditions as long as you've had continuous prior coverage for at least 12 months without a break of more than 63 days. Being able to qualify at Level 3 would assume you have not had surgery for the scoliosis in the past 12 months or had 2 or more ER/urgent care visits for migraines in the past 12 months.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back