Insurance Website Other Than English

blue_wynd

Guru
100+ Post Club
I searched through the website and didn't find anyone who asked this before.

First, is it legal to do marketing pieces that is solely in another language. Said I mail a postcard talking about my agency, my products, etc. Let's use Spanish as an example.

Secondly, is it legal to have a website in another language. So using a typical insurance website as an example. Can I have one that is English for my agency and one that is Spanish? I suppose there are plugins to translate content, but those don't work all that well. By having a second website in another language separately you make sure the info is correct. You can also cross link the two websites.

Blue_wynd,

It is okay to market in multiple languages. If you market to multiple different language speakers it is recommend that you do.

All of our insurance websites that we design support multiple languages. I will use your example of Spanish. You have two ways to go at it, a site that switches languages when a user selects their language or a site that defaults to a certain language. I will cover the reasons to use each.

Multilingual Switching Site

You cater to multiple different language speakers and you want them to choose their language. Usually this method is used if you do not market (flyers, emails, etc.) in different languages. In this method you provide the user the opportunity to select their language. Example:

Insurance from Auto Insurance Discounters - Homeowners Insurance, Business Insurance, Life Insurance & More! - Auto Insurance Discounters

This option will translate the entire site into the selected language. I recommend that you not use a translate tool like Google Translate. You should have a native speaker translate your site properly.

Dedicated Language Website

Use this method when you are marketing in a certain language. Say you send a postcard in Spanish. The landing page provided in that postcard should be in the same language. This agency uses dedicated domains for each language.

Auto Insurance - Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Garland, Carrollton, TX - La Familia Auto Insurance

Seguro de Auto - Dallas, Fort Worth, Garland, Carrollton - LaFamilia Insurance Seguro

Notice how the each site defaulted to a certain language. This solidifies the marketing material. Also note that it still allows people to select their language, just in case.

Remember...

If you market to someone in their native language, sell to them in the same language. Follow up calls and emails from your CRM or agency marketing system should also be in that language. Nothing shows that you are dedicated to your clients more than seeing their native tongue.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions or would like more information on how we can help you market to multilingual prospects feel free to contact us at 800-383-3482.

Back