Is Blog Commenting Dead?

On my blog I just do not approve the spam comments; why not just disapprove any spam posts?

I used to do that, but since there is so much software constantly spamming blogs, including mine, it was very time consuming to disapprove the spam. I never received a comment which wasn't spam. However, since I have been referring users to facebook, I'm getting a little bit of feedback from my readers.

If you have a wordpress blog, you can integrate your comments with facebook, but I could never get that to work properly.

I used to do that, but since there is so much software constantly spamming blogs, including mine, it was very time consuming to disapprove the spam. I never received a comment which wasn't spam. However, since I have been referring users to facebook, I'm getting a little bit of feedback from my readers.

If you have a wordpress blog, you can integrate your comments with facebook, but I could never get that to work properly.

I dont see how it can be time consuming, at least it is not for me in the way my website is set up. Easy as pie.

I dont see how it can be time consuming, at least it is not for me in the way my website is set up. Easy as pie.

It's probably more annoying than time consuming. It's one less thing I need to do each day. Since I want people to use facebook, allowing comments has no value to me.

Blog commenting is not dead - at least not entirely. I have seen instances where blog comment links have been devalued and where others haven't. The common trend among the websites that didn't get devalued are the ones who had longer responses with valuable content in their response. If the comment has exact anchor text with only one sentence, it is being considered spam. Basically the guideline to follow is the same when it comes to writing a blog post. Keep it original, thoughtful, and value-adding. Link to other resources other than your own website. Basically, if it doesn't look natural and isn't helpful - consider it spam and a waste of your time.

Back