Looking for P&C/Health Agency in greater Tampa Bay Area

Douglas MacDonald

Hello fellow agents,

I recently moved to Sarasota, FL from the SF Bay Area and looking to switch to a local firm to build my P&C and Health practice.

Looking for an independent broker on a 1099 contract.

I have been building a book in the Bay area for the past 2 years, but moved for a better quality of life. Also, I have an active health/life license for several years and looking to access health carriers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Douglas

Let me see if I have this right.

I have a large, successful P&C-Health agency (I don't, this is just pretend), and you want ME to allow YOU into MY agency so YOU can build YOUR block in YOUR own name.

Why would I want to do that? Other than altruism, what's in this for me?

I have a large, successful P&C-Health agency (I don't, this is just pretend), and you want ME to allow YOU into MY agency so YOU can build YOUR block in YOUR own name.

It's socialized business building. You pay to build up this guys business without any personal benefit.

Perhaps because the broker/owner would get at least a third or more of the profit, do none of the sales or servicing and not have to pay taxes or benefits to an employee? This is the model in life sales and real estate. Makes sense, no?

Perhaps because the broker/owner would get at least a third or more of the profit, do none of the sales or servicing and not have to pay taxes or benefits to an employee? This is the model in life sales and real estate. Makes sense, no?

Define profit.

Do you know how many movie deals promised the actors a cut of the profits, yet the profits never materialized?

The IRS has a dim view of workers classified as 1099 when they are more like W-2 employees.

This should be an interesting read for anyone who is in a capacity to enter into an agreement with an IC
What Is a 1099 Employee and Should You Hire Them? | Employers Resource

Maybe someone would take that deal, but allowing you to walk with business produced is unusual.

Things on the left coast must be different.

Back