Looking to learn more about next-gen Medicare Adv. insurers (e.g., Clover, Alignment, Devoted Health

Landon

Hi All!

I'm looking learn more about Medicare Advantage plans and insurance providers, in particular the next-generation tech-focused ones (e.g., Devoted Health, Clover, Alignment, Bright Health, etc.) for a project.

I'm new to the forum, but given all the in-depth convos here, I thought it'd be a great place to connect with some knowledgeable folks! Ideally, I'd love to chat with some users here this week to learn more about thoughts on these plans, etc. Also willing to offer a some honorarium for the time.

A few things I'd love to understand from anyone interested:
  • Have you ever sold any of the next-gen plans to any patients? If so, which of the above insurers/plans have you sold?
  • To what degree can you speak to the different next-gen companies' health plans and how they differ from each other?

Please feel free to DM/PM me directly if you'd be open to chatting. I can be flexible to chat at almost any time (afternoon, evening, night) that works best for you!

TIA!

What the heck IS a NextGen plan? That's my first question. Can you give me a zip code where I can look it up?

What the heck IS a NextGen plan? That's my first question. Can you give me a zip code where I can look it up?
I’ve sold devoted and bright health but I don’t know how they are next gen or tech focused.

Thanks for responding to my thread. Next-gen, tech-enabled MA insurers position themselves as using technology to reduce administrative costs (AML) and medical spend (MLR). These smaller, emerging MA insurers are typically backed by funding and focus on value-based care, organizing virtual medical groups to its members, and emphasize customer service/centricity and their UX-focused tech platforms for both physicians and members.

These include:
  • Clover Health
  • Devoted Health
  • Alignment Health
  • Bright Health
  • Brand New Day (acquired by Bright Health)
  • Central Health Plan of California (acquired by Bright Health)
  • Oscar Health
Please feel free to PM/DM me if interested or want to discuss more!

Tech-enabled insurance startup Bright Health plans expansion with $635M Series D
Startup Medicare Advantage insurer Clover Health is going public
Next-generation payers and providers: Setting a strategy for tech-enabled innovation | Rock Health

Founded in 2012, Oscar has grown to an approximate membership of 529,000, an annual revenue of $1.67 billion and a lifetime accumulated deficit of $1.43 billion.

Tech-minded insurance company Oscar Health announces IPO

I wouldn't get too excited about these techie companies. They may sound great to Gen Y & Z but many have more sizzle than substance.

It wasn't too long ago that ACO's were attracting a lot of attention and crony taxpayer $$$ courtesy of Obama. Almost everyone of those crashed and burned in a few short years.

OP's posts sound like a bunch of gobbledygook which I cannot imagine an insurance agent attempting to use to explain a Medicare Advantage plan to an unsophisticated Medicare Beneficiary like me in order to make a sale.

The language of the posts seems similar in incomprehensibility to language describing new manufacturing efficiency plans which manufacturing trade press suggested would crop up every 6 months or so; often providing lots of revenue for consultants but not too much improvement in company effectiveness.

OP's posts sound like a bunch of gobbledygook which I cannot imagine an insurance agent attempting to use to explain a Medicare Advantage plan to an unsophisticated Medicare Beneficiary like me in order to make a sale.

The language of the posts seems similar in incomprehensibility to language describing new manufacturing efficiency plans which manufacturing trade press suggested would crop up every 6 months or so; often providing lots of revenue for consultants but not too much improvement in company effectiveness.

I do remember that Devoted ppl made a comment about how their claims processing is very fast using their sophisticated technology. I doubt that my typical customer is concerned with that.

Thanks for responding to my thread. Next-gen, tech-enabled MA insurers position themselves as using technology to reduce administrative costs (AML) and medical spend (MLR). These smaller, emerging MA insurers are typically backed by funding and focus on value-based care, organizing virtual medical groups to its members, and emphasize customer service/centricity and their UX-focused tech platforms for both physicians and members.

These include:
  • Clover Health
  • Devoted Health
  • Alignment Health
  • Bright Health
  • Brand New Day (acquired by Bright Health)
  • Central Health Plan of California (acquired by Bright Health)
  • Oscar Health
Please feel free to PM/DM me if interested or want to discuss more!

Tech-enabled insurance startup Bright Health plans expansion with $635M Series D
Startup Medicare Advantage insurer Clover Health is going public
Next-generation payers and providers: Setting a strategy for tech-enabled innovation | Rock Health

I love being recruited. NOT.

Going to give me a zip code or not?

Back