LTD Insurance Question

GenerationX

I have been on LTD with a major carrier for over a year. My policy is a group policy. I transition from own to any occupation in about 6 months. My disability is for panic, severe anxiety, depression, and ocd. This group policy has no 2 year limit on mental health like most group policies. It should pay until I am 65 as long as I remain disabled. I am still unable to work due to chronic mental health issues. Can anyone here give me any pointers for when I have to fill out the paperwork any occ? Has anyone here been of LTD for many years? Please share your experiences with me. Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

I would suggest you go disabilityinsuranceforums for expert opinions from agents who specialize in disability income insurance.
I do post in that forum but the agents are biased IMO. I wanted to talk to someone like myself who has been on group LTD like myself who could share with me what their experiences has been like. I don't think I am going to find what I am looking for at this forum either. It seems most here are looking to sell or buy some kind of insurance. Thanks anyway for replying. Have a great day my friend.

I do post in that forum but the agents are biased IMO. I wanted to talk to someone like myself who has been on group LTD like myself who could share with me what their experiences has been like. I don't think I am going to find what I am looking for at this forum either. It seems most here are looking to sell or buy some kind of insurance. Thanks anyway for replying. Have a great day my friend.

This is an agent forum that consumers occasionally post on. Agents on DIF can't be biased when they have no stake in whether your claim is paid or not. You are giving up free advice from highly experienced agents. Dumb...

Can anyone here give me any pointers for when I have to fill out the paperwork any occ?

Be honest.
Anything other than that is dishonest and would be a fraudulent statement/claim.

Anything other than being honest would be trying to scam the insurance company.... and Im sure thats not your intent!

Back