MA switching to Aetna?

Depends were your at . They came to play this yr . There customer service is horrid and agent portal terrible . But no doubt they’ll steal some business from other carriers. I don’t chase benefits.

Depends were your at . They came to play this yr . There customer service is horrid and agent portal terrible . But no doubt they’ll steal some business from other carriers. I don’t chase benefits.

Don, you're one of my favorites on the forum, but I gotta respectfully disagree here. I like the portal and my clients haven't had any issues with customer service. They're also the most no-nonsense/no games carrier I've ever worked with. I like their benefit structure...especially with dental, unlike some of the other carriers....((cough, cough, HUMANA...cough, cough)). To try and decipher what's covered with Humana's dental, you need a 148 IQ and a law degree. I think implants are covered only if you call the dentist on a Tuesday between the hours of 1:00pm-2:00pm when it's raining, on the 2nd Tuesday of the month. I kid, but it's insane. I pretty much gave up. With Aetna, it's a simple bulk benefit of "x" amount of dollars. The folks in Aetna's upper management are good people....I talk to them all the time and they're always trying to ease the burden on seniors.

Last edited:
Anyone else seeing a massive AEP shift of MA clients moving to Aetna MA?

Not in San Antonio. Aetna MA is CONSTANTLY forcing agents to switch their BOB to the “new and better” Aetna plans lest other agents or their captives do it for you. This is the FIRST AEP in at least 5 years when I haven’t had to play their game.

I write Aetna when it's necessary, but as Don P said, their customer service is among the worst, and that's in every division. I don't really understand why a company so large, with such good products, wants to excel at poor agent and client communication.

Not in San Antonio. Aetna MA is CONSTANTLY forcing agents to switch their BOB to the “new and better” Aetna plans lest other agents or their captives do it for you. This is the FIRST AEP in at least 5 years when I haven’t had to play their game.

Thet just did it again this year in Fl. In their defense, UHC and Humana does it too with their PPOs. I just had to move all my Humana PPO clients last year, again.

And with WellCare greatly improving their customer service, Aetna has plunged to last place in customer service, IMO.

Back