Marketplace Navigators Changing Clients Plans

I am a year ahead of you, cadylou.

No subsidy business at all.

Not soliciting new business but will take referrals, off exchange only.

Shifting focus to 100% Medicare.

Come 2016 I will accept renewals but won't write ANY new Obamacrack business, not even referrals.

My thoughts exactly!!

I agree as well. I am not putting myself through this torture and not even getting paid! It is B.S.

I agree as well. I am not putting myself through this torture and not even getting paid! It is B.S.

Here is a typical situation, it happened today.

Client calls me and says he can't pay his premium at the UHC payment portal and his myuhc.com account says he has been cancelled.

There was an error on his DOB so we had to create a new application on the Marketplace after the fact and when I spoke with UHC a week ago was told it had been updated. I check his Marketplace application and it says it is still active.

We call UHC member services and wait for almost an hour on hold, all the CSR can do is transfer us to Billing, where we wait for another 25 minutes, at which time, after having to go through 5 minutes of security questions, the rep says UHC is having problems with all of this and his policy is active and to just click 'Other' on the payment screen and pay his March premium.

So there is 90 minutes of stress I had to endure because of a UHC internal problem-I'm sure every agent on this forum has similar stories.

At least for individual exchange business you guys can contact the carriers. I read that SHOP plans have to use CMS exclusively for policy servicing. :goofy:

At least for individual exchange business you guys can contact the carriers. I read that SHOP plans have to use CMS exclusively for policy servicing. :goofy:

Just another reason to not do any SHOP business . . . .none of my small business were interested in providing the amount of information required to go that route. They felt like it would leave them open to IRS audit and were afraid of it.

Just another reason to not do any SHOP business . . . .none of my small business were interested in providing the amount of information required to go that route. They felt like it would leave them open to IRS audit and were afraid of it.

I'm hearing a lot about SHOP subsidies resulting in audits from almost anyone I talk to. Nothing official, but there's no way there's this many stories without some truth.

I'm hearing a lot about SHOP subsidies resulting in audits from almost anyone I talk to. Nothing official, but there's no way there's this many stories without some truth.

Good to know. I dont doubt it at all. With all of the info they say the business has to enter (wages, ownership info, number of employees, etc) it would be very easy for them to cherry pick groups they feel might be under reporting average wages. All they would need to do is compare what they report to the average wage for that SIC. If it is under then you get red flagged. I wonder if it is disproportionate for parts of the country with a lower cost of living/wages....

Here is a typical situation, it happened today.

Client calls me and says he can't pay his premium at the UHC payment portal and his myuhc.com account says he has been cancelled.

There was an error on his DOB so we had to create a new application on the Marketplace after the fact and when I spoke with UHC a week ago was told it had been updated. I check his Marketplace application and it says it is still active.

We call UHC member services and wait for almost an hour on hold, all the CSR can do is transfer us to Billing, where we wait for another 25 minutes, at which time, after having to go through 5 minutes of security questions, the rep says UHC is having problems with all of this and his policy is active and to just click 'Other' on the payment screen and pay his March premium.

So there is 90 minutes of stress I had to endure because of a UHC internal problem-I'm sure every agent on this forum has similar stories.

I feel your pain.

Yes the golden rule rep called me and interragated me as to why I'm not selling more 6 month STM and didn't bother to mention anything about the the penalty problem.
It's the after open enrollment pressure to sell something

Back