Medicaid nursing home crisis laid bare as wife, 84, has to make 100-mile round trip in icy weather j

I have not sold a Med Supp since 2010 but this is no surprise. I can remember dealing with this issue when folks told me that they would spend down to get on medicaid for nursing home coverage and I would tell them that they would be placed in the next available bed which could be 200 miles away. Was not thinking of nursing homes closing and patients being moved. The only recourse to being moved was to get nasty to the ambulance service and the receiving facility would deny the transfer

fed up said:

I can remember dealing with this issue when folks told me that they would spend down to get on medicaid for nursing home coverage and I would tell them that they would be placed in the next available bed which could be 200 miles away. Was not thinking of nursing homes closing and patients being moved.

I've heard stories here, too about Medicaid homes and the threat of being hours away but haven't witnessed it yet. But it's coming, most likely.

Back