Medicare Advantage 1 month

leo

I had a client on a Med sup and another agent put him on MAPD as of Sept 1st due to a special enrollment. The guys Doctor wasn't in there so he called me and we called Medicare and they said he will be back with original Medicare as of Oct 1st. If I put him on a MAPD January 1st lets say with United health care will I get the $600 commission or will I get a reduced commission?

I had a client on a Med sup and another agent put him on MAPD as of Sept 1st due to a special enrollment. The guys Doctor wasn't in there so he called me and we called Medicare and they said he will be back with original Medicare as of Oct 1st. If I put him on a MAPD January 1st lets say with United health care will I get the $600 commission or will I get a reduced commission?
Why do you want to get him back on the Med Supp.....then move him back to a MAPD in 3 months? :huh::)

He wants to wait until next year because he is going out of town. To many things on his plate right now.

You possibly will get the trueup . When there’s a break in mapd coverage I’ve seen it go both ways .

Caveat, I am not an agent.

Your posts suggest to me this client is not very committed to you. Cutting him loose might be an option to consider.

He wants to wait until next year because he is going out of town. To many things on his plate right now.

This sounds like trouble.

My suggestion would be to let him go. You probably won't get paid enough to work through this with him and even if you get him settled now I can see more problems in the future.

Caveat, I am not an agent.

Your posts suggest to me this client is not very committed to you. Cutting him loose might be an option to consider.

LOL. You really have ZERO idea how easily these seniors are duped nowadays by the crooked telemarketers.

This would be a TRUE-UP commission assuming that you give him a PDP. $301 (street rate)(2) = $601
Really should be $602, but CMS doesn’t know how to multiply.

Back