MLR Rebates Reduced 1/2 in 2012

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
So, with all the large rate increases that everyone complained about, the companies actually priced things pretty spot on, and therefore MLR rebates will be 50% less than what they were in 2011. But, rate increases would have been higher if it were not for Obamacare.

IN AZ, it will be an AVERAGE of $51 per family or $30 per person. So, on my $6000/year premium, it equates to .0085% or about 1 month of my rate increase for the past year.

And admin costs were reduced .7% because of the law, I wonder who got laid off, or commissions cut? I'm sure they love the MLR
-----------------------

http://www.cms.gov/CCIIO/Resources/Data-Resources/Downloads/2012-mlr-rebates-by-state-and-market.pdf

HHS: MLR rebate total to fall sharply | LifeHealthPro

U.S. insurers are on track to pay a total of $504 million in rebates to 8.5 million enrollees, down from $1.1 billion to 13 million enrollees in 2011.
The average size of a rebate will fall to $59, from $85.
The rebate total fell the most in the large-group market -- to $109 million, from $403 million.
The total fell to $192 million, from $399 million, in the individual market, and to $203 million, from $290 million in the small-group market.
The share of premium revenue going to what HHS classifies as administrative overhead costs fell to 9.1 percent in 2012, from 9.4 percent in 2011, officials said.

-------------
I found where all the libs hang out, gotta read the comments on this article:
Health Insurance Rebates Sending $500 Million Back To Consumers, Federal Report Says

The people commenting are hilarious. Now they're fighting amongst themselves over whether the $59 rebate will offset the "small" health insurance premium increases that are on their way. I don't know how America is staying a world power if these commenters are a representative cross section of the Democratic party.

And by the way... Blue Cross of Illinois said in an e-mail to brokers today that the company will not have to pay any rebates this year, because their 2012 MLR was in the acceptable range.
-ac

Back