MLR Will Be Adjusted......what Happened to my Check?

Yagents

Guru
5000 Post Club
Arizona
1. You can keep your health plan
2. You can keep your doctor / drugs
And I recall another one during the campaign:

3. "And because of ACA, millions are getting MLR refund checks in the mail"

Well.................not so quick

Insurers May Get Cost Break Thanks To Rocky ACA Rollout – Capsules - The KHN Blog

On Tuesday the Department of Health and Human Services signaled its intention to temporarily give insurers a break on the portion of premiums they must spend on medical care or return to policyholders. The switch could shrink consumer rebate checks. But considering what insurers have gone through with balky online marketplaces and shifting regulations, even consumer advocates don’t seem to object.
--------------
As a result, the administration will propose temporarily allowing a higher proportion of premiums to be spent on administrative costs. It’s unclear exactly which expenses will qualify for the exemption and when the rules will be proposed.

Since the problem stems from the Government the portion of the rebate checks the feds want to allow the carrier to keep should still go to the consumers and the carriers should bill the feds for the roll out they can take it out of the healthcare.gov fee.

"As a result, the administration will propose temporarily allowing a higher proportion of premiums to be spent on administrative costs. It’s unclear exactly which expenses will qualify for the exemption and when the rules will be proposed"

I'm sure higher agent commissions will not be considered.

Since the problem stems from the Government the portion of the rebate checks the feds want to allow the carrier to keep should still go to the consumers and the carriers should bill the feds for the roll out they can take it out of the healthcare.gov fee.

Can I like this 10 times?

Yeah. Since the Exchange charges a commission (Oops, I mean "fee"), take it out of that fee, and then charge the government for the excess costs. These "glitches" and broken promises have cost a lot of money.

To heck with the fee. I think taxpayers should get a refund on the $600+ million pi$$ed away on a non-functional website and all the additional monies spent promoting this piece of crap.

Had this happened in private industry heads would roll and the company would be sued by the stockholders.

To heck with the fee. I think taxpayers should get a refund on the $600+ million pi$ away on a non-functional website and all the additional monies spent promoting this piece of crap.

Had this happened in private industry heads would roll and the company would be sued by the stockholders.

HHS invested an additional $152 million into equipment for HCCrapper.gov last month so it could handle the "crush" of new March enrollees. But this week, I've had it crash ("ERROR! log and log in again stupid consumer!") on me more than in the past 2 months combined.

I did the math at some point, MLR rebates last year were less than one tenth of one percent, 0.08% of total premium or something ridiculous like that.

IMO, actuaries deserve a reward for estimating risk within a tenth of a percent of reality, a year in advance, while compensating for 20,000+ pages of new regulations.

Yes, it's "millions of dollars" (on many billions of premium), and "millions received it", but most received a few dollars and cents, few got enough to buy a happy meal.

All in the point of reference I suppose. In the grand scheme of things, it's inconsequential for almost everyone.

REPUBLICAN lawmaker Diane Black is complaining to HHS that temporarily relaxing the MLR is unfair to consumers and a boon to insurance companies. Is she a Republican who's changing parties?

Excerpt:
""In a letter to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius on Tuesday, Rep. Diane Black (R-Tenn.) said changing the ObamaCare spending formula to allow insurers to use more premium dollars on administrative costs will take a bite out of consumers.

“This is deeply concerning, as it could result in higher out of pocket costs for consumers solely for the benefit of the insurance industry,” Black wrote in the letter.""

Article: http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/201064-gop-rep-challenges-hhs-over-obamacare-rule

ac

Back