Moon-roof Auto Damage Claim ?

Mike Siegal

Guru
100+ Post Club
Moon-roof Auto Damage Claim ?

My room-mate's car was seriously damaged by rain-storm. For some reason his Moon-roof was open when he was out of town...and we got a lot of rain this past week. I didn't even notice it, but apparenly there was a slight opening in the roof.

Anyway, he has full coverage, but i'm wondering 'does he have a claim?'

He claims his electric Moon-roof is defective an often opens without prompting. *(i'm not sure if he has records of this with his mechanic or not).

Anyway, the interior is in pretty bad shape now and it looks like he's got electrical damage too as the water went back into the dash-panal Yikes ~!

Does he have a claim or is he SOL ?

Any-one know the answer?

Curious myself...Thanks very much

Hail, water, and flood are perils listed under the Comprehensive Coverage of an auto policy (now called "Other than Collision").

It should be covered. But, under the circumstances that you describe, he shouldn't be surprised if it's treated as a suspicious claim. He may have to jump through some hoops before it gets paid.

Might want to leave out the part about: He claims his electric Moon-roof is defective an often opens without prompting. *(i'm not sure if he has records of this with his mechanic or not)

Yeah... I’ve been inside the damn car when the friggin roof just opens without provocation. Weird.

My buddy had this happen on his brand new King Ranch F250. Ruined his high dollar leather interior. He left it open by accident, his ins covered it.

Personally I'm not a fan of moon/sun roof. To me, the only thing they provide is a potential leak. I've owned 2 in my life, one leaked the other didn't.

If your car gets damaged in accident badly, and if you have made insurance for the car, then it will save help you to save lots of money for repairing the car.

Back