My Girl Friend Across the Border

Henry t

I live in a border state. I am a resident in one state and my girlfriend lives across the border. Since her home has more space , she allows me to maintain my business office there. This has worked for a few years now.
I've evolved into pretty much living there with her-although I maintain my resident address. Should I be worried about this arrangement? I have a non-resident license in her state. Do I need to switch change resident states? Thx.

Last edited:
I live in a border state. I am a resident in one state and my girlfriend lives across the border. Since her home has more space , she allows me to maintain my business office there. This has worked for a few years now.
I've evolved into pretty much living there with her-although I maintain my resident address. Should I be worried about this arrangement? I have a non-resident license in her state. Do I need to switch change resident states? Thx.

I wouldn't think so, but why not call the DOI and ask them.

I assume that you resident license now is the same state as your drivers license and where you vote.

Yep...I think you're good unless you change your driver's license to new address and drop your residential address.

Back