My Website is Up!

I updated my main page to show what I'm really after. Turning 65 medicare clients. I still need to go in and change the "medicare" section. I'm thinking of putting in the different carrier that I offer and talk briefly about MAPD and med supps.

thanks guys

Chazm, with all due respect fix your home page. Tlmarketing told you 2 weeks ago about your disconnect with the photos. If your website heading says "are you turning 65 soon" you need to have a picture of an individual aged 64ish. You can't have pictures of young families. Period. As you have been told it is a disconnect. To state 2/4 pictures are seniors is ridiculous. Get rid of the rotating pictures, get rid of the young families.

ltcadviser said:
Chazm, with all due respect fix your home page. Tlmarketing told you 2 weeks ago about your disconnect with the photos. If your website heading says "are you turning 65 soon" you need to have a picture of an individual aged 64ish. You can't have pictures of young families. Period. As you have been told it is a disconnect. To state 2/4 pictures are seniors is ridiculous. Get rid of the rotating pictures, get rid of the young families.

I actually did update the homepage since others commented on it. But, I have yet to change the pictures. I didn't put the originals up and I guess I'm not sure how to find high quality ones like that. I'm sure I can google some I guess?

I actually did update the homepage since others commented on it. But, I have yet to change the pictures. I didn't put the originals up and I guess I'm not sure how to find high quality ones like that. I'm sure I can google some I guess?

That would usually be copyright infringement. Try istockphoto.com.

You might check out:

Dreamstime Stock Photography: download free stock photos & royalty free images

I do WP sites for small biz (mostly publishers, authors, and consultants) and they have had good luck with the above.

There is also the LoC collection:

Prints & Photographs Online Catalog

where you can find something like this for free (and this is one of the most famous photos ever taken. Those of us who were born in the 1940s and went to school in the 50s saw this pix in every American history text book... and we heard a lot about the Depression from our parents and grandparents. This pix says it all. I think of Romney and the Republican Party when I see it. Everyone will see something different. That is what great photography does... and is all about. In my 20s I studied to be a photo journalist... was terrible at it... learned I was a better writer. I envy those who can compose great photographs. No one did it better than Dorothea! If I had taken it I would have titled it "Bain Capital" !)

8b29516r.jpg

Title: Destitute pea pickers in California. Mother of seven children. Age thirty-two. Nipomo, California
Other Title: Migrant mother.
Creator(s): Lange, Dorothea, photographer

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, only suggestion is I'd capitalize the page links in the header, just because I think it looks nicer that way :)

Looks better now I would work on optimizing your content for seo

Back