Need help with hiring someone for sales.

Nathaniel

Hello, so i have a P&c office, we are at the point where we are trying to hire a full time sales person. can someone give me an insight what a daily routine would be like. For example do you have them do both inbound and outbound calls, also would we be using a dialer for that or can we use a regular ring central system for the calls.Last question is is it better to offfer a salary plus commision or just commisio.

Thankyou for all your help

I recently left insurance sales over compensation issues and I have interviewed with at least a dozen agents before I made up my mind to sit this out for a bit. Everybody needs an income or they wouldn't be looking. You need to be very clear in your expectations of what is required. Let me give you some examples:
If the person is handling inbound calls for customer service they need to be paid for that.
If they have experience, you have to be willing to pay for that
If they are only handling outbound, auto dial, lead generated calls you need to spell out just where their commission starts. Is it 10% of your 10%. Is it 10% of EVERY sale and doess this include Riders, Umbrella, Specialty Personal policies? What about adding a vehicle, endorsements?
If you only pay commission get prepared for a rapid turnover of staff and the money you saved by not paying a salary will be eaten up in the time you need to train the next person in the door. Too many agents take a stand of "why should I pay if they are not producing?" You get renewals for not doing anything special except sending a bill. I paid a CSR 250 per week and 100% of new business because I knew I would get the renewal.

I recently left insurance sales over compensation issues and I have interviewed with at least a dozen agents before I made up my mind to sit this out for a bit. Everybody needs an income or they wouldn't be looking. You need to be very clear in your expectations of what is required. Let me give you some examples:
If the person is handling inbound calls for customer service they need to be paid for that.
If they have experience, you have to be willing to pay for that
If they are only handling outbound, auto dial, lead generated calls you need to spell out just where their commission starts. Is it 10% of your 10%. Is it 10% of EVERY sale and doess this include Riders, Umbrella, Specialty Personal policies? What about adding a vehicle, endorsements?
If you only pay commission get prepared for a rapid turnover of staff and the money you saved by not paying a salary will be eaten up in the time you need to train the next person in the door. Too many agents take a stand of "why should I pay if they are not producing?" You get renewals for not doing anything special except sending a bill. I paid a CSR 250 per week and 100% of new business because I knew I would get the renewal.
thx buddy would it be ok if i can reach out to you direct like a direct line.you seem very knowledgeable.

Back