New Member Introducing Myself

Greetings forum members. My name is Jr and I recently got myself started in the Insurance Brokerage industry. I'm two months into this and I'm just about ready to take my state licencing exam. My background is HVAC/Refrigeration and have been doing that since 2001. I saw the opportunity that WFG has to offer and I saw great value in the business. I recently went to one of their conventions in Honolulu and I was blown away by all the success stories from other agents that spoke on stage. Anyways I'm glad I found this site and grateful that I get to learn from others through here.

Welcome to the forum!

Just an FYI - the great majority of us don't really favor WFG or most other MLM-style insurance/financial services ventures. Use the search function and take a look for yourself.

At least, having done some research on here, you can go into WFG with "eyes wide open".

"I recently got myself started in the Insurance Brokerage industry. I'm two months into this and I'm just about ready to take my state licencing exam."
Uh, so you're into this for two months but not yet licensed? Also, you went to Hawaii on your own dime to watch a few WFG agents get glorified?

If I may be so bold as to ask, how much money have you spent so far with this venture?

Greetings forum members. My name is Jr and I recently got myself started in the Insurance Brokerage industry. I'm two months into this and I'm just about ready to take my state licencing exam. My background is HVAC/Refrigeration and have been doing that since 2001. I saw the opportunity that WFG has to offer and I saw great value in the business. I recently went to one of their conventions in Honolulu and I was blown away by all the success stories from other agents that spoke on stage. Anyways I'm glad I found this site and grateful that I get to learn from others through here.

all the success stories = MLM speak for lies.:skeptical:

"I recently got myself started in the Insurance Brokerage industry. I'm two months into this and I'm just about ready to take my state licencing exam."
Uh, so you're into this for two months but not yet licensed? Also, you went to Hawaii on your own dime to watch a few WFG agents get glorified?

If I may be so bold as to ask, how much money have you spent so far with this venture?

pcbinsurance - Is there a problem with me not being licences yet? I do have a full-time job with the municipality and automotive projects I'm wrapping up with. This is not my full-time gig.

$100 for app background check, $350 round trip to Hawaii and back to Alaska using mileage, room was paid for staying at the Pacific Beach Hotel 15th floor, $50 convention registration. For a whopping $500 but that's besides the point I needed an excuse for a vacation anyways.

Before getting licensed don't agents first need to get accepted by companies?

DHK - Sure I've read up on all the sites that do not favor WFG and their practices but that's just their opinions and not my problem.

goillini52 - Proof to back that up?

I know I may be considered a nOOb here on this site however I do frequent other online forums ie nasioc.com, hvac-talk.com, ect. ect... my flame suit is on.

Greeting JR. You are about to learn a lot over the next year. If they start trying to get you to recruit a down line...time to run.

hello, my name is wongsk.com. i am qualified associate of chartered insurance insutitute of UK, Malaysia and Australia majoring in Marine insurance.

I am in the industry since 1994. I am writing the true story of " What The Insurer dont tell you"

For those who recently brought a New House " How much to insured if the house is a landed property worth US$1,000,000.00 "

any answer?

Back