New to Insurance Industry

insmdh

Hi, I just passed my Life w/ Annuities (along with Health) exam in Florida and applied for the license. I do have sales experience, but not insurance. I would like to start earning commissions quickly, if that's even possible. What should be my next step?

Thanks

Hi, I just passed my Life w/ Annuities (along with Health) exam in Florida and applied for the license. I do have sales experience, but not insurance. I would like to start earning commissions quickly, if that's even possible. What should be my next step?

Thanks

Well, let's see.............go to work. You need to decide whether you want to be independent or work for a captive company.

Seems like I've done this already.....:goofy:

Well, let's see.............go to work. You need to decide whether you want to be independent or work for a captive company.

Seems like I've done this already.....:goofy:

Thanks Goillini52. But knowing what you know how, which one would you choose, and why or why not?

Malcolm, I think you have things out of order. Getting the license is the easiest thing you'll do in this process.

Don't bother with even thinking about being independent. Interview with the major "captive" agencies in your area, such as Lincoln, Penn, Mass, Met, etc. Let them help you decide if you're a fit for the business, and if so, provide you some structure and training to get started.

Malcolm, I think you have things out of order. Getting the license is the easiest thing you'll do in this process.

Don't bother with even thinking about being independent. Interview with the major "captive" agencies in your area, such as Lincoln, Penn, Mass, Met, etc. Let them help you decide if you're a fit for the business, and if so, provide you some structure and training to get started.

Thanks Larry. Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

Back