NorthwesternM Vs Edward Jones Vs Bank of America(and Similars)

What about insurance products with EJ? I almost worked whit me once giving thought to giving them a whirl.

You can sell them. Although I don't know if the commissions go through the B/D grid or not. Which means that if you sell a 100% commission product... and it goes through the B/D grid, you might only see 30% of that commission.

Their products are general brokerage products that you'd find at any IMO.

You can sell them. Although I don't know if the commissions go through the B/D grid or not. Which means that if you sell a 100% commission product... and it goes through the B/D grid, you might only see 30% of that commission. Their products are general brokerage products that you'd find at any IMO.
This thread started with a guy wanted to be an FA; likes Finance. So yes, Jones has insurance but the focus is on securities, and Planning, with insurance being just a part of that- like all plans.

As for RIAs - not gonna happen, unless you have a book to bring, or start salary, or starve. True RIA= no commissions by definition

Where can you find RIA's?

Where else? Online.

Investment Advisor Search

Initially, you'll likely be in a service role (if you're like the OP and fresh out of school) but they are typically salaried with bonus. Starting out you won't make a lot of money but there should be opportunities for advancement. If you find the right firm/culture, it can be a great learning experience and help you build a solid financial planning foundation.

I want to thank you all of you guys for the information and advises provided to me in here. This has been my first question and tread started and find the website really helpful.

As of what I am going to do, I am still thinking to stay in Northwestern Mutual since I am so into the contracting and far into the training process that I will just try to make the best out of the role as a financial representative and the resources provided by the company.

If any body can give me advise on how to bring the best out of this company when talking to my client would be highly appreciated or any other advice that relates to being successful in this new career that I am starting.

Thank you all of you

As of what I am going to do, I am still thinking to stay in Northwestern Mutual since I am so into the contracting and far into the training process that I will just try to make the best out of the role as a financial representative and the resources provided by the company.

Not to sound dramatic, but do not stay at a position that you are not confident and comfortable in, this could lay the foundation for a lifelong career.

If I knew a sales manager was about to sell products I didn't understand to 200 of my friends and family I would be willing to cancel paperwork

Where else? Online.

Investment Advisor Search

Initially, you'll likely be in a service role (if you're like the OP and fresh out of school) but they are typically salaried with bonus. Starting out you won't make a lot of money but there should be opportunities for advancement. If you find the right firm/culture, it can be a great learning experience and help you build a solid financial planning foundation.

I thought maybe someone could work for one.

Back