ONL Street Level Commissions

You're in a career state. You are looking at a completely different comp plan that most people here who are PPGAs.

I think it's different for those in Ohio. I believe they have a different contract altogether for residents of the state in which they are domiciled. Those of us outside Ohio have a GA contract (assuming that person is appointed directly and not through an agency). But in the state of Ohio I believe it's called something else. Also, on the GA contract you can attain different commission levels based on production. I don't know if it's different for those in Ohio.

All that to say, I have no idea what it would be for agents in Ohio. Clear as mud, right?:laugh:

The rep for Ohio National drove over and took me to lunch at least 3 times and I still couldn't understand the commission structure.

I quit selling them because the compensation was too screwy.

The rep for Ohio National drove over and took me to lunch at least 3 times and I still couldn't understand the commission structure.

I quit selling them because the compensation was too screwy.
You're kidding, right? If you want a simple, easy to understand compensation plan you need to go captive with Guardian. Their "FR Plan" can be explained on a 3x5 index card.

Their commission levels seemed low but the guy is allowing use of his office spaces, spa seminar facilities, and expert paid staff of attorneys, accountants, estate planners, pension experts etc.

Wasn't sure if there was some leeway with the numbers.

Their commission levels seemed low but the guy is allowing use of his office spaces, spa seminar facilities, and expert paid staff of attorneys, accountants, estate planners, pension experts etc.

Wasn't sure if there was some leeway with the numbers.

I'm sure there is plenty of leeway.

The question is, does all that stuff have value to you, and enough to justify the lower commission?

You're kidding, right? If you want a simple, easy to understand compensation plan you need to go captive with Guardian. Their "FR Plan" can be explained on a 3x5 index card.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sure it can, if the font type is small enough.

Are you telling me you know of an easier way to calculate comp than Life Production Credits, Unlimited Health Credits, and renewals based on persistency and volume?

PS: no one at the home office could give me a definitive answer on whether or not I would get paid renewls if on LTD claim (i.e. off the FR salary). My assumption was always that the answer was no.

Latest posts

Back