Online Quotation System - Home & Auto

kitjaii

Hey guys,

I'm an P&C insurance advisor myself and I was interested in making a lead generating website, was planning to do this on my spare time.

I was wondering, is there a specific way or program that I can get to help generate different premiums from different companies? So we have them fill out a questionnaire, once that is completed, we will basically generate 6-7 different insurance companies with their premium based on the criteria of the form.

Based on research, I will need to contact the insurance company for their API? Besides that, what other ways can I do this?

Any suggestions welcomed, thanks for the help guys!

Re: Online Quotation System (home & Auto)

Ontario Canada.

Any suggestions for this type of implementation?

Working with the carriers and getting their access to their rates and rating engines is notoriously difficult. They will generally only work with mega-agencies and comparative rating vendors. Even if you gain access, rating via an ACORD XML based real time service is often a difficult task and varies between carriers.

Most comparative rating vendors now days will have an online rater that you can integrate into your website. However, I do not know of any in Canada. You could post your query to the Insurance Technology Forum for more ideas.

Insurance Technology Forum

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Thanks for the feedbacks, will check and see!

Firstly you know about the complete knowledge of all insurance companies and their policies which they offer to their clients then set a query forum at your site when a potential customer send any query definitely you will get all info from the client and your system will reply automatically of any query.

Making a lead generation website will not be as easy as you might first think. And on top of that working with big insurance companies will be a nightmare. I am not discouraging you but just giving you a word of caution that building lead gen website may not be part time work.

You are making it harder, than it needs to be.. Gather basic information, sell the lead, let the agent carry the water.

You are making it harder, than it needs to be.. Gather basic information, sell the lead, let the agent carry the water.

Thanks guys for the heads up! I guess making the system itself is not as easy as it seems.

Back