P&C agency processes

Are there any resources out there for how to run a efficient P&C agency? I want to make sure we don't reinvent the wheel ..which is how I feel currently. We currently have Ezlynx as our rater..I am sure we don't use half of what Ezlynx has to offer..what other systems do you guy have in place that make running a P&C agency more efficient. Thanks

I personally don't know and am interested as well. Hawaii's systems are HORRIBLE. You know the stigma that we all live in grass shacks down here? Well the insurance technology we have was designed by those that still do live in grass huts using coconut fibers to put their quoting system in place

I’ve been running my P&C agency for 13 years
Been using EZlynx for 4 years and I love it, so you’re on the right track with your quoting and management system

Other than that, I’m not sure what else you need to know or do other than write policies and then make sure you are servicing them properly
Make sure you use the ‘Add note’ feature to document all policy activity.
Wire lots of business, answer the phone, respond to emails and take care of client’s needs and you’ll do great

@insurancequestion

Do you use EZLynx as the only software at your agency? I've heard good and bad things about it. I'm not sure how much it costs but there are tons of options out there. If you're only using it as a rater, what are you doing currently to manage your leads? Are you capturing information on your leads and managing the sales cycle? Do you have proper reporting/KPIs in place?

Setting up marketing campaigns, lead nurturing, service desk, online bookings, lead capturing, and reporting should be high priorities for any software you choose. After doing a lot of resources I find that a lot of AMS's have relatively arbitrary tiers for their different pricing and can be quite expensive for what they are. There are pros and cons to each though.

I'm biased, as a CRM consultant, but I've decided to utilize Zoho CRM & Zoho One to help out agencies, it's more work to set up, but in the long run, is a lot more customizable. Not to say that there is anything wrong with the other tools that are out there. But I've seen several agencies struggle with manual data entry, utilizing multiple tools, complex processes, that can all be mitigated using Zoho. Being able to design a customized process, and utilizing a variety of tools and automation has its perks.

How would this be possible? [Unless you are very norrowly definign software.]

I doubt this would be possible as well but they said they only use EZLynx as their rating tool which to me means that it isn't being used as a CRM or AMS either. Trying to get a better understanding of what their system set up is so it's more a leading question than anything.

Back