Pending. AARP med supp application

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
As long as I have known this man (9 years), he has ALWAYS been healthy and only takes 2 run of the mill meds (Rosuvastatin & metoprolol er). I was expecting him to be INSTANTLY ACCEPTED. To my disappointment, he is showing “PENDING” and that he must call Underwriting. For doctors, I typed in his PCP who he sees every 6 months and his dermatologist that he sees 1/year. Are these ever accepted instantly? Does a human eye see these applications? I anxiously want him to start 2-1-24, but held up his PDP app just in case.

Educated guess. It's the Metoprolol.
AARP/ UHC has become afraid of its own shadow when it come to any kind of heart conditions. They are probably going confirm Metoprolol is for HBP and not angina or heart failure which would be level 2.

I recently had 72 male who was taking basically the same meds and was instantly approved to my amazement.I have not had a good experience with the ones where they have to call underwriting.

As long as I have known this man (9 years), he has ALWAYS been healthy and only takes 2 run of the mill meds (Rosuvastatin & metoprolol er). I was expecting him to be INSTANTLY ACCEPTED. To my disappointment, he is showing “PENDING” and that he must call Underwriting. For doctors, I typed in his PCP who he sees every 6 months and his dermatologist that he sees 1/year. Are these ever accepted instantly? Does a human eye see these applications? I anxiously want him to start 2-1-24, but held up his PDP app just in case.
They used to be the go-to for any and all harder to place med supps. No longer - their UW is tough.

They used to be the go-to for any and all harder to place med supps. No longer - their UW is tough.
What did they expect with levelized commissions? Whether premium is 65 yr old @ $125 mo,85 yr old @$250 mo or a level 2 for $500 mo all on the same plan G commision is the same. Therefore in the past AARP/UHC got all my trash.

Kinda like Mutual of Omaha taking that one health question off their plan N. For you that don't remember it was do you have end stage kidney disease or are you on dialysis. Guess what client's they got when they removed that question.

Agents are too smart and find those niches.
If your commissions are much lower than everyone else there has to be another reason to write them. And for me it was sickies.

Last edited:
Educated guess. It's the Metoprolol.
AARP/ UHC has become afraid of its own shadow when it come to any kind of heart conditions. They are probably going confirm Metoprolol is for HBP and not angina or heart failure which would be level 2.
Wehotex let us know when you find out why or what prompted them to intiate phone verification call. Agents sharing info like this is why I love this forum.

Back