Please Help

scott9178

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hey guys how are you handling this situation I cold knock with the lead card they allow me to come in when I try to create some emotion by asking did you fill this card out to add on to what you have or because you have nothing in place then I have been getting a lot say oh I have plenty of insurance yet seems I never could get them to get the policy and do a review for them what do you think is going on guys?

First, I would handle it by adding proper punctuation.

Second, never create emotion. Ask questions that elicit an emotional response.

There are only two kinds of sales: the easy one, and the one you don't get.

http://youtu.be/AZvcAbf3EdY
Hey guys how are you handling this situation I cold knock with the lead card they allow me to come in when I try to create some emotion by asking did you fill this card out to add on to what you have or because you have nothing in place then I have been getting a lot say oh I have plenty of insurance yet seems I never could get them to get the policy and do a review for them what do you think is going on guys?

Stop asking them, start telling them!

http://youtu.be/AZvcAbf3EdY

It would seem that you need to go back to start. Forget whatever you are doing now and reset.

Get with a real FE IMO that can give guidance.

Just keep getting In doors and something will happen. Don't be adraid to offer a Mutual of Omaha child whole life or rop accidental if there is no need for final expense. In that case just tell them that is why I am here! One of the services I provide is a policy review. Just the other day I helped your neighbor add 5000 worth of coverage for the same price she was paying. Let's get that polcicy out and see if we can save you some money!

Last edited:
As far as them getting the policy...I had a problem with that for the longest time. I posted on the forums looking for help, talked to upline, and others. I couldn't get them to get a policy out to save my life.

What I found was I was too quick or "hungry" to see what they had. I was too quick to ask who they had it with, what the face amount and premium was. There came a point in my own mind that my only chance for a sale was doing a replacement. So that became my focus.

It all changed for me when I dropped that mentality. After all, nobody fills out the card with the thought of replacing.

Congratulate them for taking the initiative to protect their families. Be genuine about it. Share a story or two of people dying without insurance. Spouses having to sell everything and move in with kids, or kids using college funds to pay for unexpected expenses.

Reaffirm that final expenses are very costly, then comes the loss of income (if couple). Basically I'm trying to make them doubt, at least a little bit, that they have enough to fully protect their loved ones. I am in nooo way directly referring to that. In fact, I speak to them as though they have more than enough and again congratulate them.

I then transition to what I do. That my job would be so much easier if everyone was as forward thinking as they are. Build creditability. How I help people maximize their benefits. That the people I help are on fixed or limited income, Etc.

Then I say something to make them think I'm done. Maybe "Well...good job of taking responsibility and taking action. You should travel with me. I could use your help to get some others to take action." Always gets a smile.

Before I run, let me ask ya a few questions because it sounds like you may be able to qualify for additional coverage at no cost. "You can never leave too much money to the family, especially if it's free, am I right?"

After a few health questions, asking how long they've been a resident of the state, if they have an ID, if they are receiving SSI or SSDI, etc. Saying "oh good" all along the way.

Then finally...."ms Jones, it's sounds like I might become your new best friend! But before I do anything, I need to verify some information. Go ahead and get your policy and your state ID"

Back