Poverty County Versus Rich County

You write good FE business in SJ? As in $8-$10-$15,000 policies?

Then why send him over the mountains to SD?

No, I sell Life Insurance.

<$15,000 is going to bury you so shallow a puppy could dig you up in San Jose. Here is an example of the cost of dirt in the area San Jose, California Cemetery Burial Plots for Sale or Cemetery Lots For Sale and Grave Sites with Burial Plots for Sale National Registry of Buy or Sell Cemetery Plots for Sale Marketplace

When I started we were selling $5,000 policies as burial policies in the Oakland area. Today I tell people the the minimum is $15,000 but they need to die soon. But really depends where they live.

He lives in Imperial valley. There is business there but very sparse population. San Diego county is very large and incomes from very rich to very poor. I am sure he is not the only agent in the area so he will be slicing a small pice very thin IMHO

I am a Life Insurance agent. The FE guys here know the market better than I do. I just sell Life Insurance that people can use for their Finale Expenses.

If you prospect for final expense with a typical lead card, you will get responses, but most of them will lack urgency or need.

I just finished up marketing a retirement community here in Tennessee, two-thirds out of towners and one-third locals.

The out of towners with money, a pension, and assets were among the worst final expense prospects I've worked.

The locals with minimal assets were perfect.

With all that said, all big cities have poor people living in them. Target the ZIPs where income skews lower; you'll have to do that if you want to work the city.
When you marketed to the retiremnent community did you use mailers, knock on doors, or something else?

Back