Premium Pricing on Med Sups... How so Low ?

Nice.... i'm sure AGTS are Rushing to sell those...
How much is the commission on a $37/mth plan?

Please chill a bit.

First: you asked.

Second:

Some agents will not sell the High Deductible Medigap plan because they see only the maximum financial exposure the plan represents to the plan holder. They (the agents) are unwilling to let the prospective client make some judgement calls about their own future insurance needs. I have experienced this bias in conversation here. I have also personally experienced it while shopping for an HDF plan.

Some agents will not sell the High Deductible Medigap plans because of low commission levels. Some agents have repeatedly and pointedly told me that in forum posts. I believe I have also personally experienced that while shopping for an HDF plan.

Your own personal opinions about insurance deductibles:
Agreed...its a Gimmick (like car sales). Agent says 'Payments from $39/mth'...but the fine print says 'deductible of 4k must be met PRIOR to insurance paying 1 dime'...
:chatterbox:
(Also note the insurance carrier has claims processing costs even before they make any actual claims payments.)

And your personal opinions about the High Deductible plan commissions:
Nice.... i'm sure AGTS are Rushing to sell those...
How much is the commission on a $37/mth plan?

do not make the High Deductible Medigap plans an invalid Medigap plan choice for some Medicare beneficiaries.

(Again, Caveat NOT an agent, but I am an older Medicare Beneficiary holding an HDF plan.)

Last edited:
Back