Prior Auth for Trulicity, an issue for clients?

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
A diabetic who also uses a Freestyle Libre glucose monitor (monitor should be Part B on supplement) can get 30 day fill new to Medicare, hopefully won't get rejected for Trulicity on the PDP. Not on insulin.

If diabetic, its going to fine with doc notes. Just make sure to fill it on day 1 of Part D, for a 90 day supply. That gives the client 90 days to deal with the prior auth PITA

Thanks for the day 1 90 day tip. Reducing pain in the authorization, so to speak. :1cute: Concern: PS, the PDP plan booklet mentions 30 day fill related to Rx not on the formulary, but not about how it works with PA prescriptions, and I can't find a 90 day reference on a web search, only 30 day related to Prior Auth. I recall in the past I thought I found a 90 day reference. I will just tell the client to try the 90 day fill, day 1.

Last edited:
A diabetic who also uses a Freestyle Libre glucose monitor (monitor should be Part B on supplement) can get 30 day fill new to Medicare, hopefully won't get rejected for Trulicity on the PDP. Not on insulin.
Medicare will only cover if using insulin for the freestyle Libre stuff

Other possibilities, PAP or foundation grant

Attachments

• TRULICITY final_output_20240427_122126_633589.pdf
    450.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back