Proactive Services / Written Service Timeline

Indiana_Adam

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm working through Randy Schawanyz's the Wedge and Red Hot introductions. I really like the idea of being proactive and providing service above and beyond other agents. It seems implementing a plan will indeed set me apart, help retention, and make it easier for me to ask clients and centers of influence to introduce me to new prospects.

So, I dug through the internet and finally landed my hands on another agencies Written Timeline which makes sense on the commercial side. I'm trying to think of ways to modify it to fit the personal lines side and need some help.

Proactive services: Begin Renewal Process - X days out, Requote with multiple carriers, Prepare comparison, Present to client, Deliver Renewal

It also lists quarterly reviews, which I see benefiting commercial clients, but would personal lines clients see that as a benefit or just me pestering them? Beyond acquiring items that need to be scheduled, a home addition, or a new vehicle, I can't think of a reason to contact a personal lines quarterly.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Since I've no responses, maybe asking it differently will work better.

What proactive services are you guys/gals offering your clients, both on the commercial side and on the personal side? What is it that sets you apart from the other agents in your area?

My elderly clients like the quarterly calls, a lot like to just chat. So we call them on their home, auto and medicare quarterly. The younger people it was like why are you bothering me again?

I know from experience that my customers set up on paperless billing and auto-pay I seldom see or talk to. With these guys we will send postcards and a few emails a year. I don't send letters because they may never open them I think they will see a postcard though. I also call people that I would like to sell additional products to, if they don't answer I just say Hi I am touching base/checking in with you. If its all okay no need to call me back>

A lot of my commercial guys are newer and smaller. I provide a lot of introductions to associates at SCORE, my credit union and some other local programs geared towards small biz owners in my area. A few have been really thankful for the help. I try to have a resource for anything they ask me about. For instance one girl opened a store that no one knew about. I called up contacts and she was able to get a ribbon cutting ceremony with a Politian that got picked up on the news and local media. She has sent a ton of biz to me.

On personal lines we help people sign up for the prescription discount plan for low income people. If some one says their car broke down I pick up the phone and call one of my car guys. I feel if they don't have a running car they don't need my insurance anymore.

I just don't want them to forget me or even consider shopping around. I lost a customer on renewal before, I quoted him a new policy I however did not do enough to reach him because when I did hear from him he said he switched to nycm and I was like your kidding me I had the very same policy sitting on my desk for him just waiting on his payment and signature for the new policy. He said he never gave it any thought he just walked into this agency down the street from his job.

Last edited:
Back