Progressive commercial

MIKE DOWNSON

Hi guys, I'm new here and I have a concern.......
As you all know progressive commercial does not let an agent start a new commercial insurance quote if the customer is already insured with them. I had a customer requesting a quote from us for his commercial truck and the quote was declined because "This business is currently insured by Progressive Commercial. If they would like to switch agents, submit an Agent (or Broker) of Record change notice." Then I get a call from the customer that he found another agent that was able to quote him with the same company he is with, Progressive. I've seen this happened MANY times and I feel like there is a trick to this?

thanks anyway

Maybe he didn't actually get insurance with with Progressive. Or maybe, the agent worked with one of the wholesalers that has access to progressive, and they weren't blocked because of how they access the program.

Hi guys, I'm new here and I have a concern.......
As you all know progressive commercial does not let an agent start a new commercial insurance quote if the customer is already insured with them. I had a customer requesting a quote from us for his commercial truck and the quote was declined because "This business is currently insured by Progressive Commercial. If they would like to switch agents, submit an Agent (or Broker) of Record change notice." Then I get a call from the customer that he found another agent that was able to quote him with the same company he is with, Progressive. I've seen this happened MANY times and I feel like there is a trick to this?

thanks anyway

No trick. Just pass on this type of client that is trying to use you to get around something or to not tell their current agent something. My guess is the prospect called you.

If you try to bypass a carrier system like this,more times than not, the client will be doing the same thing to you in the future. Plenty of other businesses out there that you don't have insured.

If they are serious and a good client, they will wait for the AOR change to happen

I did think that the customer was using me or not saying the truth, until he sent me the policy document from a different agent and it was effective yesterday. I'm not sure how or why they bypass the system????

I did think that the customer was using me or not saying the truth, until he sent me the policy document from a different agent and it was effective yesterday. I'm not sure how or why they bypass the system????

Slight variation of name or business name, maybe?

I checked and it was the same business name as the DOT provided and DOT# was also included in the new quote.

My concern is that I have seen this happening with MANY potential customers and we lost their business because of this nonsense restriction from Progressive while other agents can do things like that.

Progressive sucks ,,big time...First 6 month policy was 430,,,had snapshot and was rated an excellent driver and was told I got a $115 discount on next policy,,,,instead they want $520 and that is after the $115. and that is only if I pay premium in full. If I choose payments it would go up to $700. I thought it was a mistake but on call to customer service she pretty much told me to take it or leave it, there is no error. Going back to a more ethical company that does not bait with an initial low number and then a huge bump on renewal. I'll post this everywhere possible so others are aware.

Progressive sucks ,,big time...First 6 month policy was 430,,,had snapshot and was rated an excellent driver and was told I got a $115 discount on next policy,,,,instead they want $520 and that is after the $115. and that is only if I pay premium in full. If I choose payments it would go up to $700. I thought it was a mistake but on call to customer service she pretty much told me to take it or leave it, there is no error. Going back to a more ethical company that does not bait with an initial low number and then a huge bump on renewal. I'll post this everywhere possible so others are aware.

Yup. Inflation hitting everything. Labor costs up, major jump in used car values, repair costs & mechanic labor up, supply chain delays causing vehicles to sit causing more storage costs & rental reimbursement costs. 15-20% might be the new norm with current inflation.

Weird part is the industry loss ratio is bad with claims & expenses exceeding premiums collected, especially in personal auto & home insurance

You made the mistake by selling the snapshot product. It’s a sucker bet for most drivers. I virtually never offer it because of the risks associated and the high potential of premium increase….and then guess who the bad guy is.

Better just to avoid it.

Back