Proof of expungement

Laydeejay

I had a misdemeanor from 10 years ago and they got expunged about five years ago... Today is my on boarding day and they told me they need my expungements records... There is no record. I called the state county office and the expungement office. They are still requesting this. Told me to go to the public records and get it but there is no public record as it was expunged... idk what to do. I wish they would've told me this a month ago when they hired me bc they say they need it by Friday.

Also when I called the county, they told me that I could file a motion and go in front of a judge and possibly see if they would even open the case again that’s if they can because they told me since it’s been so long they’re more than likely is no record of it anywhere also that I need the case number to even file a motion..... I DONT HAVE THE CASE NUMBER! now mind you I live in North Carolina this happened in Illinois so I don’t even have an option to go in front of the judge because I don’t live there anymore and I don’t have the money to go back and fourth to file then go back for a court case where she told me more than likely they wont be able to give me anything bc its been years... any go through something similar? Any advice? Should I just be done

This is probably a bit late, but it's always a good idea to keep legal and tax records forever.

In 1993 my former employer claimed I was in violation of my non-compete. The following year the case was dismissed with prejudice.

I still have that paper work.

I also have bank and tax records relating to my business dating back to 1993. These are orginal's, not photocopy or scanned electronic (PDF).

You may have to go with plan B.

The whole point of it being expunged is that I no longer have to disclose it and they also should’ve told me this information when I got hired a month ago so you are right you actually didn’t help at all

This is probably a bit late, but it's always a good idea to keep legal and tax records forever.

In 1993 my former employer claimed I was in violation of my non-compete. The following year the case was dismissed with prejudice.

I still have that paper work.

I also have bank and tax records relating to my business dating back to 1993. These are orginal's, not photocopy or scanned electronic (PDF).

You may have to go with plan B.

The whole point of it being expunged is that I no longer have to disclose it and they also should’ve told me this information when I got hired a month ago so you are right you actually didn’t help at all

Consider hiring a background check company that can do the research and issue you a written report that criminal history is negative.

If the charge was expunged, and there is no longer a record of it, why did you disclose it?

The only way for them to find out about it in this situation would be if you disclosed it.

If you asked your potential employer if you needed to disclose an expunged record, you should not have. However, they legally cant require you to disclose an expunged record.

So how do they know? Especially if you cant go online and see it yourself?

I recruited a young agent year's ago and an old Juvi record appeared in the background check.. His records were supposed to be sealed but the background company found them. It is not a perfect world. did you use an attorney in order to get the record expunged? if so, there is your record, ask the attorney for information. Did it time out and get expunged? If so there should be a record of the adjudication in the county where it happened and that should suffice.

Back