Question About Partnering with CPA and Lawyers

On another note, we have found it extremely difficult to partner with a good CPA. I find that many are not "insurance friendly". And the ones that are, seem to sell insurance themselves.

What he said. And those that don't fall into either of those two groups already have a strong relationship with an insurance agent.

Partnering with CPAs and lawyers is a long term method. Great if you have time and money to burn. If not, you need something short term to feed you now while developing those relationships.

Thanks guys that's what I thought as well that it takes a long time and money. I find it interesting though how in these selling magazines particularly "Life insurance selling" they always have articles about things like partnering with CPA, lawyer etc but I don't see why those people would be interested in offering our services to their clients.

I think I'll stick with what I've been doing seems to be working, just wish I could take it to the next level.

You can get referrals from CPAs and Lawyers, but it helps if they're your clients first. You should have stumbled on to some in the last 6 years, try calling them.

If you're successful getting more than one or two referrals from CPAs, let me know. I've found them to be hard asses unless they're New. They know too much about what other people have done, are doing, and are capable of, and they have an intimate knowledge of these things.

Lawyers can be a great source of referrals at any age, once you've done something for them, or someone they know. Make a good law firm happy about anything, and they won't stop sending you people. One french benefit to befriending the lawyer crowd is if you have a problem, they can make it go away with one phone call.

Back