Question for the Seasoned Agents

I'm currently working for a captive agent, being paid hourly with bonuses for certain amounts of new business. The reason I have stayed with that company is in hopes of obtaining my own agency in the near future. Recently I was offered a spot selling commercial, and will be paid 40% of commisions plus a salary in the beginning to help me get through the training period.

Based on experience in this industry, what would you guys suggest my best move would be here?

Thanks!!

I'm currently working for a captive agent, being paid hourly with bonuses for certain amounts of new business. The reason I have stayed with that company is in hopes of obtaining my own agency in the near future. Recently I was offered a spot selling commercial, and will be paid 40% of commisions plus a salary in the beginning to help me get through the training period.

Based on experience in this industry, what would you guys suggest my best move would be here?

Thanks!!

Are you selling commercial just for a captive? Or indy? If for captive you have to figure out how their product is. If its competitive then go for it. Salary plus 40% is fair. Selling commercial for an indy is probably a safer bet.

It depends on the honest self evaluation of yourself. Are you a salesman/prospector with production numbers to prove it? then yes take the new job, but if you work in the captive answering phones and doing a lot of service work and write the business that walks in, it will be a tough transition

Back