Referring or No?

Jack of all trades... master of none.

I dont touch individual health products other than DI or LTCI.

I assume the OP is talking MedSups. Comp on a single medsup is small. The money in that industry is in volume and renewals. Selling a handful of MedSups each year is not worth a successful annuity producers time.

Now if you are referring out 30-50 MedSup cases per year... THEN you could consider entering that market... or find a trustworthy agent or agency who will split the biz with you.

If you are working with pre-Medicare coverages, I know from speaking with others that part time in that arena can be more costly time wise than not.

Some of that may depend on where one wants to draw the line.

I suppose this actually would turn out to be more than part time, but one of my "haters" on the forum uses the under 65 business as a main feeder for over 65 med supp clients -- and it sounds like he is pretty good at it.

Interesting. My husband does the P&C side of the business and I'm taking over more and more of the annuity/life side. He wants to market to all of them and if he doesn't have a P&C license what does it hurt? I don't know that I want to fool with all of the health stuff it seems like there is a lot that goes into it.

Back