Regaining Lapsed Subsidy?

Got a client, his subsidy being suspended because they said they never got his income verification. He did send his disability payment information to them but they are either saying he's not eligible or they didn't get it.
What can you do to help someone regain their lapsed subsidy? He's got some major surgeries coming up and I wanted to see how I could help.
Appreciate any advice!

Got a client, his subsidy being suspended because they said they never got his income verification. He did send his disability payment information to them but they are either saying he's not eligible or they didn't get it.
What can you do to help someone regain their lapsed subsidy? He's got some major surgeries coming up and I wanted to see how I could help.
Appreciate any advice!

Reapply using a change in income SEP, report the same income as the original application, and this time provide the income information if needed.

Better yet, use the income on his 2014 return for the subsidy, it will most likely be accepted without a request for more information.

Appreciate any advice!

Does he make too little money? I have a few people on disability, however, without their spouse's income he wouldn't make enough money. That would cause him to lose the subsidy as well.

Back