Republicans Thinking About Subsidy Extension

If some common sense would have prevailed and Congress had just eliminated the underwriting on indy plans with an SEP, that would have taken care of most of the issues.

Those are three words which should never be used in the same sentence.

IMO, Rep. Price proposal is the best replacement yet to fight off single payor mantra, but it's not quite enough. They should fully fund the HSA for lower income, and have it phase out at higher income level. Don't use it? Keep it. Watch behavior change, and consumerism take over.

Rep. Price's Health Plan 'Best Alternative' to Obamacare: Bill Kristol

----------

Great example just happened to me:
Client has cardiac heart issues, needs sonogram.
Dr set up test at local hospital in few days, cost approx $1300.
Told her to look at outpatient facilities to lower cost.
Has 6300 HSA plan. told her to open and fund it beforehand.

Here is her email after teaching her how to be a better medical consumer:

I have my HSA through HSA bank. Thank you for the help today. I found an imaging center that could get me in today and pay only $193! Much better!

I would not categorize the current state of things to be a fiasco.

I'm willing to bet all those who have lost coverage or subsidies due to the folks at the Marketplace not not being able to process the requests of documents that have been uploaded and mailed would disagree. As would those of us who are now paying twice as much for a plan with a higher deductible. Not to mention more in taxes.

You can use whatever adjective you'd like. But I don't believe, as a whole, the system is better than it was before the law passed.

YMMV

----------

IMO, Rep. Price proposal is the best replacement yet to fight off single payor mantra, but it's not quite enough. They should fully fund the HSA for lower income, and have it phase out at higher income level. Don't use it? Keep it. Watch behavior change, and consumerism take over. Rep. Price's Health Plan 'Best Alternative' to Obamacare: Bill Kristol ---------- Great example just happened to me: Client has cardiac heart issues, needs sonogram. Dr set up test at local hospital in few days, cost approx $1300. Told her to look at outpatient facilities to lower cost. Has 6300 HSA plan. told her to open and fund it beforehand. Here is her email after teaching her how to be a better medical consumer: I have my HSA through HSA bank. Thank you for the help today. I found an imaging center that could get me in today and pay only $193! Much better!

Yep. Price has some good ideas. I believe the funding of an HSA is along the lines of what Ben Carson has suggested.

I'm willing to bet all those who have lost coverage or subsidies due to the folks at the Marketplace not not being able to process the requests of documents that have been uploaded and mailed would disagree. As would those of us who are now paying twice as much for a plan with a higher deductible. Not to mention more in taxes.

You can use whatever adjective you'd like. But I don't believe, as a whole, the system is better than it was before the law passed.

YMMV

For those that might complain about tax credits being wiped out improperly should first count the blessing that the tax credits exist in the first place.

The system is not better, yet. Things often have to get worse before they can get better.

FWIW, I pay almost double for double the deductible, almost to the $.

How would you prevent the Government-loaded HSA bank debit card from being used to buy I-Pads and Whiskey?

For those that might complain about tax credits being wiped out improperly should first count the blessing that the tax credits exist in the first place.

Thank you China!

The system is not better, yet. Things often have to get worse before they can get better.

It never would have passed with this attempt at the truth
FWIW, I pay almost double for double the deductible, almost to the $.

There are millions effected just like you. 50% are winners, 50% losers

Back