Revocation of license - 30 years ago

I operated a nonstandard auto insurance license 30 years ago in MD with a recipocal license in VA . I got an administrative action for charging an application fee of 10.00 on high risk auto. I also failed to remitt an unearned premium of 306.00 to one policyholder.

The application fees were charged because the state of Maryland (MAIF) did not compensate me for 90 days on submitted business. I had to file a complaint with my Senator's office to finally get my commissions.

Both states setup hearings for me to explain my reasons for not complying. I did not respond or attend the hearings.

However, during that time I was suffering from major depression and I truly struggled with my cognitive abilities along with a myriad of other depression symptoms. Frankly, I should have been hospitalized.

I paid all fines and repaid all fees to affected policyholders. I am currently licensed in 13 states but I would like to get relicensed in both VA and MD.

What is the likelihood of me getting my licenses back in both of these states. No felony or misdemeanor criminal charges at all. And what can I do to expidite the process?

Give me a minute. I'm trying to connect telepathically with your insurance commissioner. Wait, no, not happening. Guess you'll just have to re-apply for the licenses and find out.

Make sense?

@adjusterjackass

I already sent out applications to reapply on the morning of my post. I was just trying to see if anyone had experienced something similar.

"adjusterjackass."

Not much of an insult. Not creative. Did it take you long to come up with it?

I'd give you a D minus.

You should have said that you submitted applications. Maybe you didn't think. Maybe you shouldn't think. Don't even let your mind wander. It's too small to go out alone.

Mr Bernard,
You MAY get approved for a renewed license with a 6-12 month suspension attached based on how well you explain the no-show. Maryland does not fool around with agents who don't follow the rules.
However, any adverse ruling from either state could also affect your current licensing in any other state. You might be opening a can of worms here.

Back