Say Goodbye to Medicare Advantage

I have been telling folks this. Insurance carriers get money in advance for The MA plans. Just like several years ago when the HMO's went away so to will the MA and PFFS. It will be back to Med Supp plans which if you are independent pay fairly well for several years. But I believe agents aren't going to sell anything they can't make money off. Right?

The Medicare HMO's are alive and well. Here's what you'll see in a couple of years:

1. Washout of the smaller MA companies, leaving the bigger players (Such as Secure Horizons, Humana, Kaiser)
2. Medicare PFFS gone
3. Medicare HMO typically around $30-$40/month
4. Medicare PPO typically around $50-$70/month
5. Medicare HMO/PPO plans as a nice, lower-cost alternative to MediGap/PDP, not for everyone, great for some, just another option, life goes on.

Medicare HMO/PPO plans cost significantly less to operate than the wide-open PFFS plans, and the more established companies will be able to absorb the Medicare cuts through increased efficiencies, slightly lighter benefits, and slightly higher premiums.

Lots of misinformation out there on this stuff.

The Medicare HMO's are alive and well. Here's what you'll see in a couple of years:

1. Washout of the smaller MA companies, leaving the bigger players (Such as Secure Horizons, Humana, Kaiser)
2. Medicare PFFS gone
3. Medicare HMO typically around $30-$40/month
4. Medicare PPO typically around $50-$70/month
5. Medicare HMO/PPO plans as a nice, lower-cost alternative to MediGap/PDP, not for everyone, great for some, just another option, life goes on.

Medicare HMO/PPO plans cost significantly less to operate than the wide-open PFFS plans, and the more established companies will be able to absorb the Medicare cuts through increased efficiencies, slightly lighter benefits, and slightly higher premiums.

Lots of misinformation out there on this stuff.

You might be right but since it's just your opinion, could your post also be misinformation?

Rick

Hi friends

I am Joseph from London Newly visited this site. I just want say Hello to all the member of this site.

Joseph
Unlike most supplements, these products are made from organic foods, not synthetics. Visit the Naturally Nova Scotia website for more information.

Hi friends

I am Joseph from London Newly visited this site. I just want say Hello to all the member of this site.

Joseph
Unlike most supplements, these products are made from organic foods, not synthetics. Visit the Naturally Nova Scotia website for more information.

WHAT THE F_CK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? SPAM!!!:mad:

You might be right but since it's just your opinion, could your post also be misinformation?

Rick

Yep, I could be off 180 degrees on pretty much any topic. Just ask my wife.

In this case, I have a pretty good vantage point, in management for one of the primary MA players. I certainly admit, though, that no one in the industry knows for sure what's coming up, and that we're just watching headlines like everyone else.

My point (not very well-made) is that I think there is a lot of confusion about which plans will be around in a couple of years. I think many people (including the press) assume that "MA" is a monolithic term for all the plans, and they don't realize that PFFS is the plan that's under (by far) the most scrutiny. I'm fairly sure we'll see HMO and PPO carrying on into the future.

Fairly sure.

Yep, I could be off 180 degrees on pretty much any topic. Just ask my wife.

In this case, I have a pretty good vantage point, in management for one of the primary MA players. I certainly admit, though, that no one in the industry knows for sure what's coming up, and that we're just watching headlines like everyone else.

My point (not very well-made) is that I think there is a lot of confusion about which plans will be around in a couple of years. I think many people (including the press) assume that "MA" is a monolithic term for all the plans, and they don't realize that PFFS is the plan that's under (by far) the most scrutiny. I'm fairly sure we'll see HMO and PPO carrying on into the future.

Fairly sure.
I thought it was fairly common knowledge that one MIPAA provision addressed PFFS plans. Basically, after 2010 a PFFS that was in a county where there were already 2 or more HMO/PPO plans, said PFFS MUST then get contracts with hospitals and doctors, basically converting to the HMO model. Am I right? This essentially spells the demise of the PFFS model.

I think that what Rick and now I am asking, Mac, is, what are your sources for your information? Why do you have the opinion you do have?

And Rick, I may like to talk to you offline either in email or on the phone sometime about what you think about this industry and where you've gone, unless you'd like to share that here too. Thanks!

I am always surprised by the folks that flock to MA plans as oppose to a traditional supplement. The one year rule can come back to cause them problems if their health changes.

Back