Select Insurance Group - The 411

The thread starter has posted 10 times since Nov. All 10 have been about this company.

Any chance he's an owner?

Rick

I don't know but the place has trained him so well he doesn't know whether to do p&c or l&h. I'd say that was money well spent...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Of course, but that $750 is refundable once he write 5 policies.
;)

Ill never get my money back now. I though I only had to sell 2...

Last edited:
Sorry fellows, I hate to burst your bubble but the entire reason I got on here last year was because I was going to get into insurance a while back and while nosing around I saw the thread asking about the 411 on SIG. I knew someone that worked for SIG and at the time had been turned down for the position.

Then recently after finally getting offered a position there I wanted to come back and address the people that were saying the negative things about the company. It really sucks when people talk out there ass about a company they know nothing about. If I had seen that thread I would have never known the truth. SIG is a really good company. You were both very wrong and I can now attest to it. This is now where I work, and as much as I wish I was the owner of the company....LOL.....I am just a new broker here. Don Amsler is the President of this company and the owner. Seems to be a good guy too.

I am not so sure why you guys keep getting hung up on there set up fees but that seems to be your big issue. This company gives you a complete system and maintains a web site for you when you are a broker for them. Their system is really something that is working, and quite well. Just because you think it is a bad idea, does not really make it one.

Seems to me that they have to be spending in excess of 30K-40K per broker in the course of the first year, with all they provide. Would you do that for any Tom, Dick, or Harry without them having any skin in the game, and before spending all the training time along with giving them a web site and quoting systems, lead systems etc... I know I wouldn't. I think it shows some sincerity and nobody is twisting anyone's arm to work here and pay the fee. They were very up front with me on everything. Not to mention, they have more candidates that would like a job than they know what to do with. I was turned down last year.

Every other company I looked at and interviewed for for did basically nothing for their brokers other than allow them to make them their over-rides, along with some old tired outdated training, and that was if you got any training at all. These guys are licensed in all 50 states and have hundreds of companies on their roster. Who can match that ?? I do not know of another company that does anything even close to this.

The system works and I am now using it. I am far from a millionaire, but I am already doing better than I ever have financially. I am getting better every day at using their system and have only been at it for a couple months. You both can talk like old ladies, and say what you want. Their system is working for me and a lot of brokers that work here. I have not seen anything even close. Unlike every other company that hires everybody that applies. That says something for me.:yes:

Last edited:
You need to find what interests you. Most successful agents I know focus on one area with some ties to other lines.

Become an expert in one area then move on to other areas that can relate to the product you are an expert in.

If you are not passionate or interested in selling it, your prospects can sometimes sense that and you will lose sales.

I do not know any agents who are experts in all lines of insurance; auto, home, life, commercial, small group, large group, individual health, LTC, FE, Medicare, annuities, disability, critical illness, etc.

I am really wondering if being successful and good in all the areas is even really possible when working alone like this. SIG claims it is, but the agents seem to be focusing in one area or another.

Good observation, seems like you will be better off focusing in one area or another, but not try to be a jack of all trades.

If that is the case, which area is the most lucrative and the fastest to build a successful business in ?? Any thoughts ?? :1confused:
You seem to wan to give this company a shot. So do it. Ask your manager what area he thinks you should concentrate your focus on and go full force with it.
I know it's tough being new, but with experience come comfort.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
These guys are licensed in all 50 states and have hundreds of companies on their roster. Who can match that ?? I do not know of another company that does anything even close to this.
There are literally hundreds of agencies like this.
Just make sure you are happy there for now.
Soak it all in while you are learning the biz.

The system works and I am now using it. I am far from a millionaire, but I am already doing better than I ever have financially.

That's great, and once you figure out what you want to focus on over there, you may really take off!
It'll take some patience, but keep on keepin' on.

Last edited:
Thanks, and I appreciate the advice. I was just a little tentative about biting off more than I could chew to start with. I am leaning towards the Health and Life to get started right now. That is what I needed to hear from somebody that has been doing this for a while. Thanks again !!

Back