Selling Humana MAPD Over the Phone (online Enrollment)

I wish all companies had a recorded SOA then no matter how you cement the sale that app't is duly noted.....forever! I also wish they provided a list of all recorded SOA's you could download end of week, month, whatever...for your records.

Joe is correct an SOA is only required on face to face, however to be approved to sell Humana MAPD's over the phone using their Fast app with Voice Signature you have to complete in person phone sales training in addition to their standard in person HMO/PPO training and be able to recorded the calls store them for 10 years and submit the calls for Q&A review on a monthly basis to both your upline for Humana and then they send them on to Humana for further review.

I was not aware of the recorded phone call requirement. When I did the 2 day training for Humana last year (which was a complete waste of time, basically 2 days of how great Humana is) I was told that Humana only accepted enrollements via paper app face 2 face.

From what I have heard, Humana does allow telephonic sales outside of their own call centers (subject to the same recorded call and 10 year retention rules). But it's only a select few "special" groups who are allowed to do it.

And no, I don't know how to become special in the eyes of Humana.

You can become special by attending a two day in person phone sales training session. Thy don't do that training at standard field offices and only certain agencies (my agency being one) can set independent agents up as approved telephonic sales agents. I know most agents are primarily face to face and occasionally sell over the phone but Humana views any agent making a sale using the phone as a "telephonic" agent"

Humana seems to live in fear of CMS. United Healthcare is fine with phone sales. I email them the SOB and app to print out and fax to me.

I'm involved in a situation as to the compliance of Internet leads. Be aware. Also, make sure you impress on your clients to call you, not CMS, if there is a problem. Two women made bogus complaints on me to CMS. I had to fill out a questionaire and one question was how I met the client and I said Internet lead and it put out a red flag for them. The complaints were dismissed as unfounded. Five complaints and you're out. I have to make an appeal to get them off my record. I don't understand why I have to appeal when it was dismissed. CMS - BAH UGH

I know an agent whose appt was terminated for assisting an MAPD enrollee by setting up an email for them so they could e-sign. Had a book of over 300 MAPDs with the carrier. Poof! Gone!

If no email and no way to set up her own before she meets with you, she needs to sign a paper application or call in herself, sorry that is just the way it is with Medicare. Can you overnight or fax her an app?

Latest posts

Back