Short term plan and New baby

InsurancePimp_

Super Genius
I have a client that has short term plan and I told him there isn’t maternity, which he was fine with since she found out she was already pregnant 2 months after the sale.

They paid the delivery out of pocket however he wants to know if the baby is automatically added to the plan or does the baby have to get something else?

united healthcare golden rule

STM is not my gig and maybe things have changed. For regular health insurance (and presumably STM) the baby should be covered provided the carrier was notified within 30 days of the birth.

There is nothing automatic about covering kids under parents policy.

ACA is an option for newborn. Not STM

I have sold U65 in 10 years, I don't know if the Baby would be covered or not

However, I would say that I would not feel comfortable with it

With a new baby, you don't know what may happen what will be needed, My youngest has autism there were also things in connection with not eating proper foods not talking having issue need to go to the hospital he can't speak to say what's wrong he got sick a lot too

besides that, if a baby has major issues that can happen at or near birth like major heart issues and such big things needed surgeries what not

In fact, my oldest when he was born with a cord around his neck was in ICU for 2 weeks

I would go ACA all the way fro new baby

Back