Yes, they will only enroll you in Part C or a Part D plan. If you want a Medigap plan, you have to call the carrier or find an agent. They don't push Part C plans, they prefer stand alone Part D plans, my guess is that it takes less work. But beware, if they do put someone in an advantage plan, they just choose one at random.

I don't think they sign you up per se, just show you how to self-enroll. Subreddit would have you believe they're the second-coming of Medicare Jesus..

Yes, they will only enroll you in Part C or a Part D plan. If you want a Medigap plan, you have to call the carrier or find an agent. They don't push Part C plans, they prefer stand alone Part D plans, my guess is that it takes less work. But beware, if they do put someone in an advantage plan, they just choose one at random.

Not surprising. That's what the DIY crowd does anyway. They figure if it doesn't work out change during AEP.

I have a SHIP person that refers to me when someone wants an advantage plan or if they want to sign up for medical but she does all their pdp plans..I absolutely love her. She definitely has the clients best interest in mind and is great at PDP but has limited knowledge about adv plans.

On the other hand, if someone is low income and has questions about Medicaid that I cannot answer, I send them over to her and she does a great job at helping. I think there is some capacity for SHIP to partner with honest agents and it is a win win.

Calling Medicare is a good idea if you are trying to get an exception for someone who does not have a SEP but desperately needs a drug plan

Back