State Farm and their "Difficult Decision" in California [non-renewals]

I think what's happening is, when possible, people are just going without insurance in many cases.

I just wrote a policy for a client - for about double the premium. They thanked me up and down, and promptly left me a glowing Yelp! review. Don't get me wrong, I did her a solid, but that's how f*cked up the market is.

Yup, that's where we're at today. The straight GL and WC markets seem to be untouched. WC specifically is still a soft market, even though it's waaay over due to harden up. Some of this stuff just makes no sense to me.

I think what's happening is, when possible, people are just going without insurance in many cases.

I just wrote a policy for a client - for about double the premium. They thanked me up and down, and promptly left me a glowing Yelp! review. Don't get me wrong, I did her a solid, but that's how f*cked up the market is.

Yup, that's where we're at today. The straight GL and WC markets seem to be untouched. WC specifically is still a soft market, even though it's waaay over due to harden up. Some of this stuff just makes no sense to me.

I don't blame them. I told the guy if I were him, I would have just risked it for a year and spent the premiums on upgrades for the buildings instead. Roll the dice.

Workers' comp is weird here too. I had a log trucking company in assigned risk because no one would touch it, and they just told me they got a voluntary offer from SAIF (Our State Fund Insurer). Also had an arborist I insure tell me that this week too.

I don't blame them. I told the guy if I were him, I would have just risked it for a year and spent the premiums on upgrades for the buildings instead. Roll the dice.

Workers' comp is weird here too. I had a log trucking company in assigned risk because no one would touch it, and they just told me they got a voluntary offer from SAIF (Our State Fund Insurer). Also had an arborist I insure tell me that this week too.
1712277554148.png

Back