Talking to management about helping employees with their medicare

ValeRosso

Guru
(Quick story, you may skip over to the actual question below) I was given a referral by a client, said they really needed some help. Met a husband and wife, both T65 and retiring. They were clueless (their words) about this and said they were ready to hire someone at their bank to help them with this. Just needed part B and to find a plan. After we were done, they both asked if they could give my information to their coworkers, because they each have several friends in the same scenario and their work doesn’t provide any kind of healthcare transitioning help.

Has anyone walked into local businesses and spoken with HR/Management about helping their retiring seniors with their healthcare if they do not offer this service? If so, how did you approach this in a way that made them say “yes”? How has it turned out for you overall/?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

I get steady referrals from employer groups that I am referred into by group health brokers. The brokers I am working with know me because I spent the majority of my career brokering group business in a small state. Most group brokers I know don’t want anything to do with Medicare.

To make it work you have got to show the broker that you will put his/her interests first. With any referral source I always tell them to feel free to call me anytime they have questions or issues related to Medicare, to use me as a resource. Of course to work in that space you will need to become educated some on their issues and have an understanding of group health and what employers are allowed to do and not do regarding incenting employees to join Medicare.

I get steady referrals from employer groups that I am referred into by group health brokers. The brokers I am working with know me because I spent the majority of my career brokering group business in a small state. Most group brokers I know don’t want anything to do with Medicare.

To make it work you have got to show the broker that you will put his/her interests first. With any referral source I always tell them to feel free to call me anytime they have questions or issues related to Medicare, to use me as a resource. Of course to work in that space you will need to become educated some on their issues and have an understanding of group health and what employers are allowed to do and not do regarding incenting employees to join Medicare.

That is a really novel idea!

My "first" career was a group rep covering several states . . . I had a good reputation with most of the brokers (there were always a few that thought they knew everything) . . . and that would have been a good game plan for me had I not taken a few more detours (all health insurance) when I tired of playing the "home office" game.

Latest posts

Back