Target Dropping Health Coverage for Part-timers

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
Target dropping health coverage for part-timers - Jason Millman - POLITICO.com

Target is the latest retail giant to drop health coverage for part-time employees, citing changes under the health care law and low participation in its company health plans.
The company Tuesday night announced a plan to transition employees working fewer than 30 hours a week onto Obamacare health insurance exchanges, where they can get subsidized coverage.

If I worked part-time at Target and needed their insurance, I would be happy with the news. They will get a significant subsidy if they are the only one working in the household. Its probably going to be cheaper, with better coverage. And the reason participation is so low is most likely its a "2nd income" for most of them and they covered under a spouses plan.

Also, I heard they were getting $500 in cash if currently participating in the company plan. (I would assume to deal with the first months premiums)

I might need to go to Target today with some business cards.;)

I might need to go to Target today with some business cards.;)

Yeah right!

I would be willing to bet there is not more than one part-timer in each store that has insurance.

Good Luck finding that needle in the hay stack.

Oh and Sti I'm just piling all these news stories under the thread Bam! UPS drops............. I posted this two days ago.

That was sarcasm. I only do exchange business if its a referral from one of my financial planners. Tee-hee

I'm too busy dealing with the monumental screw-up that is Blue Cross IT and Customer Service.

----------

Don't go there YAGENTS...

I got totally screwed in that mess. I woke up to an email that said "your account is overdrawn by $3K" They hit me the same night all my bills get auto-drafted. What a friggin nightmare.

Don't go there YAGENTS...

I got totally screwed in that mess. I woke up to an email that said "your account is overdrawn by $3K" They hit me the same night all my bills get auto-drafted. What a friggin nightmare.

And that is why I don't use debit cards...

Latest posts

Back