Term Insurance Question

wealthpro

I have someone that is leaving the country to help take care of a sick relative. He is in great health and probably would be able to use the accelerated underwriting. He was wanting have coverage before he leaves in a week. One of my carriers would probably get it done, but they are the most expensive of our choices. Would there be an issue if he purchased a policy through that company for fast coverage and then later we replace it with a lower cost policy?

Has the door closed on the airplane? The sick relative could pass away before travel begins​

It's a common question on every life insurance application.

I usually phrase it as "As of this moment, you aren't planning on any foreign travel, are you?" And that is defined as having any tickets purchased, hotel reservations, etc.

But when it is known and planned (like you've described), then yes, it needs to be disclosed on the application.

In cases like this does not one ask one's self... why?

Yeah, guessing the person isn't travelling to Canada & worried they may die while there. Likely having to travel to a more dangerous area to care for the family member & this the increase awareness of their own mortality & risk & can't postpone it any longer

Back