TEXAS / DWI / AGENT LICENSING

anon1994

In 2016 I was arrested for DWI.
After a year and a half of waiting, I will be pleading no contest on this coming Monday April 30th. I will be charged with a class b misdemeanor, pay the fine, and will have a possible license suspension but will obtain my occupational.

I have nothing else on my record. I work at an insurance company doing CSR and i’m studying to get my p&c license. Once I pass and they run my background check, am i going to be appointed by the insurance company to sell insurance?
Or will this not allow me to sell insurance?

In the state of texas it can’t be expunged so that’s not an option.

In 2016 I was arrested for DWI.
After a year and a half of waiting, I will be pleading no contest on this coming Monday April 30th. I will be charged with a class b misdemeanor, pay the fine, and will have a possible license suspension but will obtain my occupational.

I have nothing else on my record. I work at an insurance company doing CSR and i’m studying to get my p&c license. Once I pass and they run my background check, am i going to be appointed by the insurance company to sell insurance?
Or will this not allow me to sell insurance?

In the state of texas it can’t be expunged so that’s not an option.
I think you'll be ok. If they question you about it, tell them that you promise to never ever do it again. :yes:

Back